This recipe has been tried and true. I'm passing it along to my readers. Enjoy!
- Buy two (2) bell peppers: one red and one yellow.
- Refrigerate bell peppers for two (2) hours.
- Slice them up lengthwise and arrange them artfully in a bowl. Go for “playful” rather than “attractive” in the arrangement (see Figure 1).
- Put bowl of arranged bell peppers on coffee table or side table.
- Pretend that company will be over any minute for a party. (Vacuum, dust and light candles if necessary to convince your brain that company will really be here very shortly.)
- Walk in and out of the room, look at bell peppers each time and say to yourself: “No. You cannot eat these delicious, cold, crunchy, juicy bell peppers, they are for company only. You have to wait for the guests to arrive. You can’t have any. No.”
- Repeat #6 until your craving for bell peppers has rendered you powerless.
- Eat all bell pepper slices.
And you're done! Enjoy the health benefits of peppers any time!